Integrated resource management is the key
UMBOSS 4E offers a combination of modules natively integrated with UMBOSS 4E ADM (Automatic Discovery and Reconciliation) providing:
- resource inventory of all your components including servers, storages, device chassis, modules, interfaces, etc.;
- inventory of different topologies such as SAN FC, BGP, OSPF, L2, L3, etc.;
- location data;
- device configurations with versioning.
Complete reference for FM & PM monitoring
The UMBOSS 4E Network Device Management (NDM) Module is an essential device resource inventory required to store information on components, SAN and network topologies. It serves as a reference for complete fault and performance monitoring. Here are some of its capabilities:
- Device name, DNS, IP address, vendor, product and serial number
- Customer and location assignment to components
- Device role management
- Device management methods: standard APIs, SNMP, SSH, Telnet …
- Device modules’ data: name, description, reference, SN, version, hierarchy …
- Device interfaces’ data: name, alias, description, administrative status
- Schematic topology view
- Geographical topology visualization: Esri, Google Maps …
- Fully integrated with UMBOSS 4E Reporting
Fill the gaps of your IT landscape
What if you’re missing an external location registry of your company or simply cannot integrate with it, but need information on locations? For this purpose UMBOSS 4E provides an immediate solution – a virtual little black book.
The UMBOSS 4E Address Book (AB) Module is a data store for locations and location contacts. UMBOSS 4E AB is natively integrated with NDM to provide a full spectrum of data over infrastructure and services. Fault and performance data is also enriched.
Once devices are onboarded, configurations are next on the list. If no existing configuration management is in place, UMBOSS 4E will help with its CM Module and undertake your essential configuration management needs.
The UMBOSS 4E Configuration Management (CM) Module keeps track of all device configurations and their changes thus minimizing time to troubleshoot problems.
It performs collection, storage and versioning of device configurations. UMBOSS 4E CM provides on-demand and scheduled jobs and comes with out-of-the-box support for most common vendors.
Ready to experience these benefits?
- One stop replacement for missing external inventory
- Reconciliation of all active resources
- Documentation of crucial device and topology inventory data
- Location data correlated with devices and topologies
- Device configuration for easier troubleshooting and outage recovery